25 August 2020
While the last few months have been challenging for us all, it’s good to see Australia is making steady progress in dealing with the impact of COVID-19.
As the Crows Nest Centre restarts its activities and services, we are aiming to create a COVIDSafe environment for clients, staff, volunteers, contractors, venue hirers and visitors.
We have introduced a number of measures based on advice from the Australian and NSW Governments, as well as North Sydney Council.
You can help by following the health advice whenever you attend our Centre.
Our safety measures include:
- Reviewing the total number of people that can attend our Centre at one time.
- Calculating the maximum number of people that can occupy each room (one person per four square metres).
- Adding sanitiser stations to our entrances/exits on levels 1 to 3.
- Organising extra cleaning of frequently touched surfaces and areas.
- Promoting good hygiene, physical distancing of 1.5 metres and the downloading and activation of the COVIDSafe app to mobile phones.
- Advising anyone who is unwell to stay at home.
- Asking people to inform us if they or a close contact are suspected or confirmed as having COVID-19.
- Reminding people that it’s also important to keep an eye on your mental health.
- Encouraging people to get an influenza vaccination – no-one wants the flu on top of the pandemic.
For more details please download our COVIDSafe fact sheet.
We ask for your patience as we slowly reinstate activities over coming weeks.
If you attend any of our healthy ageing classes – hatha yoga, Feldenkrais or tai chi PLUS – there will be some additional requirements such as bringing your own mat and water bottle and maximum numbers that can attend each class.
We will continue to monitor government requirements in relation to physical distancing to determine the most appropriate time to reintroduce close contact activities such as Bollywood music, mah-jong, canasta and bus outings.
If you would like more information or to discuss with someone at the Centre, call us 9439 5122 or enquire online. If you need an interpreter phone TIS 131 450.